Friday April 5th we began a new Moon cycle via the New Moon phase at 2:50 am MDT at 15 degrees of Aries 17′ of celestial longitude – aka the Moon and Sun came together at the same location in the sky, beginning a NEW Cycle of change, self-awareness, and emotional evolution.
As I write this post we are still within the New Moon phase (about to change into the Crescent Moon phase tonight at 10:43 pm MDT) and we are asked to Take Action through the Fire of Aries! This Moon cycle is in Square aspect to the Solar Eclipse/New Moon we experienced January 5th in Capricorn – both Aries and Capricorn are Cardinal signs – wanting to Initiate something NEW. Capricorn is cardinal Earth – being hands-on, tactile, with long-term goals, concentrating on Taking Care of Business – with Integrity. The Square creates inner tension/stress to create CHANGE of some sort within your life – bringing in the ACTION portion now this Moon cycle.
The Moon cycle in Aries is a breath of fresh air after 2.5 months of our mutable water sign of PISCES’ influence within our Soul body (Sun), Emotional body (Moon), Mental Body (Mercury) and Spiritual body (Neptune) and more recently our Desire body (Venus) all traveling through our cosmic/spiritual connection, discerning what was illusion, delusion vs. reality along the way, with a few stops to ensure we noticed if we’re still playing any roles on that Drama Triangle (victim-rescue(r)-bully/persecutor). Whew!
After all that wondering/imagining/escaping/addiction/mysticism swimming we are now left with Venus (Desire) + Neptune (Spiritual) + Mercury (Mental) in Pisces – what do you Desire that connects your Inner Spirit AND your Mindful focus? And now, what do you know, via your feelings/intuition, you need to take Action on?
The Sabian symbol for this Aries New Moon cycle is (from: The Sabian Symbols as an Oracle by Lynda Hill & Richard Hill):
- Symbol: BROWNIES DANCING IN THE SETTING SUN
- Keywords: “Your intuitive powers are at a real high but your physical energy may not be. Open your mind to possibilities and listen to the messages from Within. There’s invisible assistance in accomplishing one’s work. Faeries and nature spirits.”
- Shadow aspect: “Self-delusions, not getting a true picture of what’s happening in the ‘real-world’. Losing the plot.”
Interesting…those 2.5 months swimming within our spiritual self allowed our minds (Mercury) to open up to the Unseen, Unknown, and mystical – if we allowed it to. Now we Take Action upon our intuition that ‘sees’ and ‘hears’ beyond the physical.
Did any of you notice a DECLINE in your physical energy as of Friday? I have. I’ve needed to rest, take time out to dream, then take action when my energy returned. It’s been an up and down time since Friday in my life. How about yours?
The cardinal Fire energy of ARIES brings forth the following (from: New Moon Astrology by Jan Spiller):
- New Beginnings – like our season of Spring, what NEW energy is calling you to Action this Moon cycle? Aries rules the archetypes of Warrior, Explorer & Pioneer – what new trails are you blazing? What are you initiating, with high energy, to take action with innovative approaches?
- Self-Focus – here we connect with the Physical body, our survival issues (Root chakra!), instincts and how we assert ourselves with Self and others. What does your Physical body NEED? Perhaps the Action is related to this. See your doctor or naturopath or acupuncturist or massage therapist – need a re-balance now?
- Innocence/Authenticity – how Honest are you being with yourself? If you’re honest Within, your Authenticity shows itself, Without. Impulsiveness and being straightforward with yourself too – editing WHO you are and WHAT you want is NOT being Authentic!
- Self-Discovery – here’s the Explorer in you coming out – taking risks, being eager to DO something physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. Competition comes into play – with yourself and/or others.
- Independence! Here we learn about and use our Self-direction + Self-reliance + Autonomy + Self-sufficiency – but not so much that you totally ignore the others in your life who’d like to help you, play with you, be with you! WHAT IS IT YOU WANT, and who do you want to bring along with you? ME Time and WE Time is okay.
- Courage – here’s where our Warrior energy comes out, sipping from that Cup of Courage I talk about – to lead, bring strength, have vigilance and be bold!
- Self-Absorption – here’s the Shadow side of Aries – having lack of awareness of Others in your life, selfishness, vanity, impulsive action that alienates others, your anger/impatience with Self and/or Others. There are times when the Physical body isn’t working in tandem with our Emotional and/or Mental bodies – slower, less decisive, jerky movements and here we begin to wonder, “Am I getting old or what?!” You may not be IN your Physical body – more like in your mind or feelings. There’s been some sort of Mind-Body disconnect. MOVE your Physical body while BEING mindful AND emotionally grounded, Within. Yoga and Nature and meditation all bring us into the Mind-Body-Spirit connection – as will classical and spiritual music, art, creative pursuits.
- The Physical Body is Ruled by Aries: here we can experience acne (anger eruptions under the skin – “she gets under my skin!”), eye issues (trouble focusing, itchiness, tension), head, face, scalp and brain areas – can experience headaches and dizziness at times if we’re so busy DOING Action/activity and not spending time BEING, resting, grounding Within ourselves.
Saturn, the South Node and Pluto have been holding hands in Capricorn these past weeks too, creating new structure/goals/responsibilities, connecting us with Unresolved Issues around the same, from past lives (!) to be resolved as we ASSERT ourselves forward this Moon cycle. Transformation is created as we step away from the need to control outcomes, via EMPOWERMENT whereby everyone wins – no power and control struggles/issues here. I win – you win – we ALL win.
These 3 players also create a SQUARE aspect of stress and tension Within with this Moon cycle for CHANGE that will be easier if WE decide to go WITH the change vs. resist it! Because when we resist, the WHAM! comes sooner than later, impactful and full of seemingly Unexpectedness, when all along it was meant for us to take the risk to TO DO that change! There is a “Something Fated/Destined This Way Comes” energy feeding lovingly to the Moon/Sun position in Aries from the fire of LEO – by following our hearts, supporting our needs, and standing up for what we know is right and proper for our respective lives.
Where in your birth chart is Aries? This is the area within your Life Experiences where Risk, Change and Empowerment are awaiting you! Drink from your Cup of Courage and LEAP!
Posted by: Laurie Rae Rezanoff Astrologer | Teacher | Writer | Speaker | Facilitator
Photo Credits: Laurie Rae Rezanoff Okotoks, AB Canada, Mt Shasta, CA USA