Saturday, August 11th, 2018 at 3:58 a.m. MDT we experienced our last Eclipse of 2018 – a Solar Eclipse – at 18 degrees of Leo 42′ – taking INspired Creative Action which will abound in each of our lives for the next 3.5 years.
Collectively, these 3 summer eclipses have propelled all of us forward, faster and further, to BE where we need to be at this time, and in 3.5 years’ time. The other planetary characters supporting this New Moon/Solar Eclipse, also in the fixed fire of LEO, are:
- North Node – signalling the direction forward our Soul-self is meant to move into
- Mercury Rx (retrograde) – our Mental Body – still dialing it backward since July 25th from 23 degrees of Leo 27′ to 11 degrees of Leo 32′ – will Station Direct August 19th (a week away!) and move directly again over the above coordinates – where we began this Heartfelt, Mindful journey back on July 7th (completing this Rx period by September 2nd). Remember: we’ve been mentally re-doing our decisions, thoughts, conversations and self-talk, all heartfully (Leo) between July 7th and September 2nd. BE mindful of your intentions (thoughts) to ensure they dovetail with your true heart’s desires.
- Pallas Athene (feminine asteroid) – bringing forth the Wisdom we’re uncovering from our Heart Chakra’s at this time. Listen to your deep Inner Wisdom during daily meditations – what are the intuitive insights telling you? Any outward signs and signals catching your eye? And are you taking them in and following their direction?
The other important feature within the chart I created for this New Moon/Solar Eclipse is the YOD, or Finger of God, that points directly to the Moon, Sun and Pallas Athene all in Leo. A YOD features 2 other planets that are angled in such a way to ensure we are Letting Go of Old Patterns of Conditioning – continually – these next 3.5 years! The 2 other planets in play are:
- Pluto Rx at 19 degrees of Capricorn 20′ – Rx (retrograde) planets bring their normally outward energy INSIDE of us, personalizing and sensitizing the process and energy they supply. Pluto transforms our Ego-self fears and need for power and control into EMPOWERMENT, forcing us to ‘see’ and create Win-Win scenarios in the people and situations/circumstances we attract to us at this time. Within the cardinal earth energy of Capricorn brings opportunities to use the resources at hand to re-create them into something NEW that is required by the collective at this time. Earth signs always ask us to be hands-on, creating something tangible others can take away to use in their lives somehow. What is your transformation? What will you re-create in a tangible way?
- Neptune Rx at 15 degrees of Pisces 18′ – here the ruler of Pisces, Neptune, is bringing home (deeply Within) how we connect Spiritually within ourselves. The recent 21-day meditation series from Oprah and Deepak Chopra has been so timely! Completely ‘bringing home’ HOW we can and do co-create with the Source of All That Is (God, Great Spirit, Higher Self – whatever you believe to be that Source) via our Desires as we learn to embody our True Authentic Self (despite our Ego-self’s need for control, resisting change or blowing up fears of us taking Leaps of Faith) and enter the Silence to hear/understand what our next steps can be, if we’re listening Within.
- The KEY to Let Go of our Old Patterns of Conditioning: here we learn to combine Pluto’s Transformation energies creating Win-Win scenarios AND connect deeply Within to our daily Spiritual practice that ensures we connect Soul-fully to BE of Service beyond our Ego-self (Neptune) – remember the MAGIC, imagine your own Garden of Eden (the Universe’s the limit) of Desires that INCLUDE what’s best for the others in your life. The more you Let Go of your Ego-self’s need for control, being fearful, not trusting in the Creative Forces of the Universe – the better.
- As you learn to LET GO of all of the above these past 3.5 years, the MORE you’ll be sending energy up to the Leo planetary players, learning to Co-Create via INspired Creative Action (the Fire element). The more Pluto Rx works well with Neptune Rx, the clearer your Intent and Imagination will be.
Neptune Rx also sends one of these connects of Letting Go of Old Patterns of Conditioning to our Mental Body – Mercury Rx – in this New Moon/Solar Eclipse lineup. Here we have the opportunity to Let Go of our Ego’s need to BE LOGICAL, black & white, on or off, to embrace our right-brain “thinking outside the box” creativity while listening to our intuition and how we FEEL about it. Brainstorm with like-minded others, create the MAGIC, and Lead as a Creative Team (Leo).
LEO themes this Moon cycle include (according to Jan Spiller’s “New Moon Astrology”):
- Heart Connections: love and romance, children, dating, intense love encounters. Watch out for giving and seeking approval from others!
- Creativity: via enthusiasm, creative projects, artistic expressions, being totally involved in your creation, self-actualization during the creative process, including your passion!
- Giving Love: via generosity, loyalty, bringing joy, kindness and encouragement to others.
- Pleasure and Celebration: via fun & play, games, parties, recreational sports and taking risks for excitement. We don’t really need to go extreme…
- Dignity: recognition, being centre stage (watch out for being the Drama Queen/King! This shows where your Ego-self hangs out!), self-confidence, powerful individual expression, radiance and benevolence – SO LEO! Heartfully…
- Determination: leadership, concentrated focus, follow through, strength of purpose, resoluteness and stamina. Beware of that “Energizer Bunny” attitude where you can burn the candle at both ends sooner than later. Find the fun and play, above!
- Temper Your Ego’s Arrogance: here’s where Pride, being overly dramatic, self-centred, extravagant and/or bossy comes into the picture – all Ego-self related vs. hearfully/soulfully working with your Leo self. NB: we ALL have Leo in our birth chart – and this area of yourself is activated monthly via the Moon cycle and yearly by the Sun!
- Physically, Leo Rules: the heart, back and spine, inflammation, exhaustion and heat exhaustion – stay in the shade during these overly hot and heated 35+C degree days! Drink plenty of water – keep hydrated with watermelon water, electrolyte water, cucumber water – whatever appeals to your particular palette!
Bottom Line: connect Within both Spiritually, and Heartfully, to co-create your Life Forward with the Divine AND down here in tangible ways. What sparks your INspired creative imagination? And with whom will you play and have fun?
Posted By: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Astrologer | Teacher | Writer | Speaker | Facilitator of New Moon Gatherings
Photo Credits: Laurie Rae Rezanoff – from Okotoks, AB, and Egypt (Hot Air Balloon/Orbs over the Valley of the Kings, 2011). Michaella Rezanoff’s Calgary, AB sunrise over downtown, 2017.