On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 the Sun and Moon will come together at the same cosmic longitude of 06 degrees of Taurus 27′ at 6:16a MDT.
Each New Moon gives a hint of what will be revealed, Within, as the Moon cycle progresses. At Full Moon we will know, on some level, exactly what this Moon cycle brings out of the Darkness, out of our subconscious/unconscious, to know and learn and to heal.
Taurus is the fixed earth sign – signifying the true growing arena of Spring. It will (fingers crossed!) truly start feeling like Spring (here in Calgary we have had rain, thunder and lightning, hail, fog and snow all within the last several days!). The trees will leaf out, the grass becomes greener, the blossoms will follow the seeds we see now, and more of the Spring annual flowers will bloom.
|Beach Estates Park 2012|
As a fixed sign, Taurus concentrates on creating…something…that we were excited about as the Sun moved through the cardinal fire sign of Aries (March 20 – April 19). Now we will create something tangible, something we can truly put our hands on (or work with our hands) to manifest into the physical. Not just a bright idea or inspiration – we are now being asked to manifest it somehow.
Venus rules Taurus, bringing out the following themes:
- Values: what are you values? What do you value in life? How have they changed since the last time the Sun moved through Taurus (this time last year)? If you are curious to find out more about personal values, check out Dr Demartini’s website: https://drdemartini.com/value_determination/determine_your_values
- Self-Worth / Worthiness: do you have worthiness issues? Were you clicking along with the fire of Aries feeling strong, energetic, and free to be me, then wham! Now you feel like a mouse, quaking and feeling like all that confidence just went out the window this past week? Hhhhmmm…Taurus is getting your attention in this area. Both the Moon (Emotional Body) and the Sun (your vital/Soul self) will be showing and guiding you along this Moon cycle to see all the ways you may be feeling less than marvelous. Here the Ego-self gets in the way – why? Ask yourself, “Why? What do I need to learn about myself in this regard?”
- Net Worth: this time of year is when we check our bank accounts, see how those investments are doing, and perhaps plan to buy/sell a home, a car, a vacation – you name it. Have you set those short-term goals of saving money in order to do so? And to pay down/off those debts?
- Self-Esteem / Self-confidence: Here the Ego-self can get in the way too. The illusion of not being confident with the esteem needed to move forward on an idea that came forth so clearly during the Aries path of the Sun. The Ego/brain can be second-guessing, wondering, “Do I really have what it takes to manifest a physical aspect of that bright idea?” Why guess? Do!
- Senses and Sensual Pleasure: Just as all those Spring flowers and blossoms delight our senses, so too will our innate sensual natures be ignited. Enjoy those sensual moments: the smells of Spring, the wind on your face, the Sun’s warming rays, the birds twittering, the rain falling, a lovers touch, smile and kiss.
- Money / Income: Where are you at with Lack Mentality beliefs? How do you do Lack? Taurus is NOT about lack! Taurus is full of the growth of something new! Attract your worth! Energetically, physically and with ALL your senses in play. BE that worth. What are your thoughts/feelings around money and income? Any Ego-self fears, frustrations, and/or anxiety?
- Personal Resources: aka all those skills, talents and experience we each have that in turn assist us in doing the work that pays us the income, which in turn gives us the money to buy those things we value, feel worthy of, is worthwhile spending on. What are yours? Do you want to upgrade them or take an inventory of them to use in a brand new resume? Perhaps it is time to change direction in how you USE them!
- Patience: Taurus is represented as the Bull, chewing its cud, lazily enjoying his nap in the sun, surrounded by nature. The Bull knows there’s work to be done – I’ll get to it when I get to it. With the Moon now in Taurus too – do you FEEL like doing the work? Or perhaps want to hang out on the couch instead? Graze from the fridge rather than cook a full meal? Ah, Taurus.
- Stubbornness / Fear of Change: This happens when that Bull stays way too long under the Sun. He’d rather BE than DO. The key here, now, is to BE as you are DOing! Creating an ‘AND’ world of both. The Ego-self will rear up to show you where Within you fear lies. Watch for it, feel it and honour it. Don’t try to pretend it isn’t there. Consciousness comes awake at the most odd times – and while Mercury Rx is still happening – Expect the Unexpected tantrum, resistance, refusal to budge! The Moon in Taurus is all about feeling/emotions. Feel them, notice them, then move along. Emotional eating doesn’t get you out of this either! Ask yourself, “Why? What is the root of this? Where is this coming from?” This is why I love watching the Moon cycles – each turn of the Wheel of the Year, via the Moon, brings new awareness of not only how we feel and listen to our intuition. It brings awareness of how stubborn that Ego-self can be, afraid to move into new territory – of anything! There is always a reason WHY to the resistance. Ask. Wait for the answer – patience is your friend.
- Physically, Taurus rules the Throat, Thyroid gland, chin and neck, our voice and vocal cords and coughing. These are the areas of the Physical Body that will speak to you if you aren’t honouring any or all of the above! Laryngitis, sore throats, frogs in the throat – what are you NOT expressing, sensually, emotionally, physically? An extreme sore throat means you want to scream about something – give voice to what you are swallowing! Say it, be it and do it. Use this Moon cycle in Taurus to say what you mean, need, want, DESIRE (Venus)!
Speaking of Venus, I have been working on a multiple-part series to post in the days and weeks to come regarding her Synodic Cycle. We began a new 19-month cycle March 31st as Venus rose as the Morning Star at 01 degrees of Aries. Stay tuned to read about how this Aries Overtone is bringing forth, for both women and men, the Wild Woman Warrior archetype for the next 19 months! Venus asks us, “What do you Desire to Deserve?” What is your answer?
As I researched this new 19-month Venus journey, I realized I now have a new reading in play too! What I call the Venus Return Journey reading. I will create a new page describing it soon within The Heart’s Desire Room of my blogsite. Look for it.
If you are curious to know your birth chart so you can follow along with my posts about the Moon cycles and other Cosmic Weather, give me a call and make an appointment!
|Nanaimo Harbour, Vancouver Island|