Another Moon cycle is behind us now. What did you learn from it, about yourself, AND what have you left behind that no longer needs to be a part of you?
More importantly, is there anything further to learn from, that you bring with you as of this current New Moon cycle? Remember this: a cycle may end, yet it also BEGINS something anew all at the same time. By the last phase of each Moon cycle, the Balsamic Moon phase, we all trust we are allowing something within us to die off, to be let go of, in some regard. Creating NEW space for the new seed of the next New Moon phase to be planted, watered and grown into new inner growth.
Both the Moon and Sun sat at 26 degrees of Taurus 56′ as of 10:14pm MDT Sunday night, well within this middle phase of our Spring growing season. The grass is green now, the blossoms are out on the trees, and the bulbs are finally showing their colourful flowers – yay! I love Spring.
The themes of Taurus bring the following:
- Values: what do YOU value in your life these days? How are YOU of value, too? What talents, skills and other personal resources do you bring to the table when it comes to the work you do, to attract money, which in turn is used to buy what you value? What goals do you set for this?
- The senses: Taurus, as a fixed earth sign, gets down and dirty to WORK and really GROW – and stimulates ALL of our senses whilst doing so. Seeing, smelling, hearing, touching and tasting all the signs of Spring around us, and how that stimulates us deep within too!
- Contentment: BE like the Taurus Bull, find a sunny or shady spot out in nature, and just BE with nature – immerse yourself within it. Take time out to smell those lilacs about to burst forth, the apple blossoms, May Day tree blossoms – whatever is at hand. Enjoy the bounty that is Mother Nature down here on Earth. Abundance is free for the seeing, every time you leave your home!
- Money: how do you treat your money? Is there fear there? Or is there love? According to Bob Proctor and his book, You Were Born Rich, we can ALL BE abundant if only we LOVE our servant, Money. As we Master its energy, we create and attract MORE of it – somewhat like a BEE to honey, eh? Watch how the bees flit from one flower to another, busy collecting the energy (pollen) to take back along their journey home, leaving a dusting of pollen everywhere they fly, inviting MORE abundance to grow.
- Money that comes from Work: here is where we can create new ways and ideas of DOING work – there is always ANOTHER way to bring in that bacon. How creative are you, in tangible, hands-on ways (earth sign) to produce a service or product that others think of VALUE, and in turn, attracts money your way? Watch those birds and bees now, they find interesting ways to DO their work, every day.
- Physical Health: Taurus rules the throat, chin and neck, the thyroid gland, our voice and vocal cords. If we aren’t “giving voice” to our ideas and thoughts, if we aren’t BEing heard, or are suppressing what needs to be said, watch out for sore throats or laryngitis to come along. As we age the thyroid gland shrivels, especially in our Western society where agism, BEing an Elder and BEing noticed for our wisdom is mostly disregarded. I love that ZOOMER magazine is around, and actors Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston are currently in a NEW TV show, Grace & Frankie, that is hilarious yet also poignant when it comes to aging, changing, and finally owning up to BE their authentic selves. WHEN we speak up and HOW we speak up, affects others around us, always. Learn to speak your mind, when it needs to, otherwise we are lying to self and others all at the same time. It may not be easy to do, yet in the long run, it serves ALL of us, better.
This Moon cycle also brings our second round of MERCURY RETROGRADE (Rx)!! We have already navigated the pre-Rx Shadow timing from May 4 – May 18th. Mercury stations Rx as of 7:50p MDT today at 13 degrees of Gemini 08′, preparing to move BACK along the degrees it already traveled (since May 4th) down to 04 degrees Gemini 35′ when it stations Direct again June 12th. Then the post-Rx Shadow period lasts until June 26th, when Mercury regains where it was before turning Rx.
Note where Gemini is in your chart – this will be the area that you revisit these next several weeks, wrapping your mindset, your thoughts and conversations around! For me, this encompasses my 10th House of Career and Pubic Life/Face – all right on time!
I look forward to every Mercury Rx period (we usually see three of them a year) because of the conversations I get to revisit, the new (and returning) friends I meet up with, the need to BE creative mind-wise, thinking outside the usual logic box, and Expecting the Unexpected to show itself! And there is that gem, finding out what I didn’t know I needed to know – about some aspect of ME or my world, somehow. All in Divine good timing…
Here the planet Mercury gives us all a logic holiday, to BE like a child and just allow that creative right brain to run free – yay! Anything goes (and normally does!) giving all of us a chance to revisit that problem or issue that’s been bothering us, to FIND a new way to solve it or BE with it.
I also find I clear up paperwork, organize closets and drawers, do the spring cleaning with MORE ease and grace because the logic brain (aka Ego self) isn’t getting in the way with excuses of “why NOT and let’s DO something else, eh?”
We also find creative ideas that seem to pop out of nowhere, CLARIFYING what was niggling us before. Mercury Rx throughout the sign it naturally rules, Gemini, means that social butterfly is networking with others, managing to gather ye data and SHARE it with others. Information gathering for whatever reason is now having a period of “let’s take another look at that, shall we? Brainstorm a bit more, shake out the flotsam/jetsam of unwanted words, thoughts, actions that were getting in they way. Let’s talk about that more, shall we?” and on and on.
Most of us know that any new undertaking (via contract or agreement) signed off on during a Mercury Rx period brings challenges that keep on keeping on for weeks, if not months, into the future. So a word of caution between now and June12th: double or triple-check those documents, emails, voice-mails, contracts etc., before sending them off. There WILL be typos, wrong dates, forgotten elements therein otherwise, creating MORE work or misunderstandings later on, to be undone, redone, or not done at all.
The Expect the Unexpected intrigues me – plans can go sideways beyond our control (which the Ego self does NOT enjoy) – all in aid of showing us just how MUCH control our respective Ego selves still want over our lives. It may be loud; it may not be pretty. It will be timely, as it always is (but not, according to that wee Ego self….just saying…).
Shaking things up is what keeps us on our toes to BE more at one with “going with the flow” (Gemini is a mutable air sign) and KNOW there is a REASON for the traffic jam ahead (because someone in your party is running late and needs more time to meet you), or that you cannot FIND that scarf or tie or piece of paper (causing you to use another colour or create from scratch something that reads BETTER than the same-old same-old).
Enjoy your renewed sense of HUMOUR these next weeks (towards SELF and others!), and know there is a greater reason for the so-called disarray within your mind and everyone else’s! Laugh more, hug more, and BE with each other more – content yourselves with BEing in these days of Spring, growing MORE into the values of your life – not what others value – yet don’t dismiss what others SEE within you that you may NOT value!
Gemini rules our SELF TALK too – how honest, loving and helpful are YOU within yourself, to yourself? Check your thoughts out now too – drop that stick of self-flagellation – and give yourself a good HUG instead! The Sun will enter Gemini as of May 21st, meaning there will be more LIGHT on this Gemini subject for all of us to learn from!
Posted By: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Intuitive Spiritual Astrologer, Teacher & Facilitator
Scenic Photo Credits: Laurie Rae Rezanoff, Calgary, AB Canada